Silver Lake Railroad

Offering Train Rides
BY DONATION

Forums

Forum Home > Silver lake Railroad Official Forum > Any questions???

Admin
Site Owner

• Are there any Q's.. lets try to get a discussion going here.. What did some of the riders of SLRR think of it? how can we improve?
September 27, 2009 at 5:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

darco813@yahoo.com

Does the Silver Lake own any locomotives? I know the track cars are the main motive power or maybe not I don't know I've never been but I'm curious to know if you do.

September 28, 2009 at 2:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Admin
Site Owner

TKS for posting in the right spot for the question... Well I'll ask Ross to step in here because he knows more about RR classification than I, but yes there are display trains on the property.. None of them run though.. The only running trains are the 2 A-6's on the property.. The A8 is supposed to be fixed for next year, and Bruce is working on a third A6, the trolley is also supposed to run on the main next year, and the S2 also runs, thats it for running trains at THE slrr, COULD YA ADD ANYTHING ROSS?

September 28, 2009 at 3:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

btamper

Nice job on the web group Will. I'd like to know more about the little Porter steam loco out by Rt. 113. Where did it come from? Where did it work? What is its number? What was its builders number?

Also, the new cab looks great. One of the guys at the Conway Scenic told me that the cab was a replica taken right off the original building plans. Is that true?

September 29, 2009 at 2:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Admin
Site Owner

Thanks Brian... I encourage you guys to use this forum, and get conversations rolling... Well to be quite honest about it im not sure.. i know it came from the beaver brook museam, I will start a new topic for the Porter; http://slrr1.webs.com/apps/forums/topics/show/1408524-porter-1917-slrr  I guess well discuss it there... TKS everyone

September 29, 2009 at 7:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

John

Two questions..... 1 how the weather and foliage look for this upcomming weekend/? 2 how do I go about getting a notification should and when somebody else posts a comment following mine?

--

October 1, 2009 at 8:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Derek494

Hello there,

My name is Derek and I would like to come and volunteer at the SLRR. I'm currently employed by the CSRR and before that I worked for GMRR in Vermont. I now live in Gorham and would really enjoy being part of this organization so if there is a time that I could come by and lend a hand or if there is someone I need to call and meet with I would appreciate a reply. Also I really like the web site. 

--

See you on the High Iron,

Derek

October 2, 2009 at 11:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Admin
Site Owner

John at 08:24PM on Oct 01, 2009

Two questions..... 1 how the weather and foliage look for this upcomming weekend/? 2 how do I go about getting a notification should and when somebody else posts a comment following mine?

hey JOhn, Well i didn't get to email you , but I'm sure u saw the homepage.. The weather just plain sucks. Apparently last weekend, they ran 2 trains.. 15 people on the 1st train, and 2 people on the second run.. No one showed up for any of the other runs, and sunday was rained out.. Thats the end of foliage :(.. Terrible we cant get things going. If you want john, come up for the halloween runs!.. I'll talk to you privately about this. 

About the forum, common guys.. Keep posting. The more topics there are, and more posts, the more people who will join in!

derek, I will email you privately and explain the steps involved to you.

KEEP POSTING! ;)

October 2, 2009 at 11:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

John

Got answers for you Will. Check out The Mountain Division Forum, looks like if Maine gets the money, they will be running trains to Fryeburg within 5 years.

--

October 3, 2009 at 4:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Derek494

hey slrr1 thanks for thr fast reply.

--

See you on the High Iron,

Derek

October 4, 2009 at 9:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

John

If the weather is OK.  I watched your Halloween ride portion of your video it's very good. Can I come up with my own Halloween stuff and scare the heck out of some of the riders?

--

October 5, 2009 at 10:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Admin
Site Owner

Well im sorry i didn't get back to you.. next year you can.. just remember the kids are there, but the Committee that runs it would love help =p!

October 21, 2009 at 6:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rick Utley

I'm a member of the Mt. Washington Old Car Club, and was wondering if You were still interested in having a "Cruise In" at the SLRR, sometime?   With the Old Diner open now, it seems like a good place for an old car club to have a function.  I talked to you about it, I think back about 2 yrs ago, as of yet nothing has materialized.  Are you still interested in that kind of venture?  Thank You,  ~Rick~

July 25, 2010 at 10:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tim Hairston

Hi,

I was wondering if you could compile a roster of the railroad's motive power and rolling stock, and if you have the time, maybe you could give some backround information on the locomotives (origional rr, builder, date built)

Thanks,

Tim

--

Tim Hairston

July 25, 2010 at 7:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rick Utley

We have a Silver lake ~  (Memories in Motion, Classic Car Group) that meets on Fridays now at SLRR !  I am no longer a member of the (mwvocc classic car club). Anyone wishing to bring their Classic (American Made) Car out & join us on fridays, you are welcome to join us. There are no Dues, or other requirements....just show up & have an Enjoyable Evening with other American - Classic Car Owners, on Friday evenings: from about 6 until 8 pm.   Thanks   ~Rick~

--

Hey Gang, What time is It ? ........... Its Howdy Doody Time !

June 29, 2014 at 2:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

8821 views - 0 comments
11144 views - 0 comments
11027 views - 2 comments
7419 views - 0 comments